Brown Elementary School
The original Brown Township school building built at the north east corner of Walker and Roberts Roads
In 1814, the first school in the Hilliard Area was built near Wesley Chapel on Dublin Road. In 1870, a school district was established.
In 1904, Norwich Township merged with Hilliard, creating the Norwich Township Public Schools.
In 1931, the Brown Township School was build on the present site of today's Brown Elementary School.
In 1955, Brown, Norwich and Norwich Special incorporated to become the Scioto Darby School District. The district was later rename to the Hilliard City School District.
The current school is designed for up to 600 Kindergarten through 5th grade students
In 1957, a finger addition was built onto the Brown Elementary school and an annex building added for 5th and 6th grades in 1966. In 1982, an addition was build around the annex building and the original building torn down. In 1990, another addition was added to the east side of the school where the old playground stood. The play ground was moved to its current location on the north side of the school.
The original outside brick wall of the 1965 annex can still be seen inside one of the halls of the current building.